Friday, October 31, 2014

Maddie Lou Roberts

Our sweet Maddie Lou was born 4 weeks ago. 
October 2, 2014, weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 4oz, and 21 inches long!

Her birth was nothing that I had in-visioned the 9 months of being pregnant. 
You know me and my OCD... there MUST be a plan for everything,
or else.... well there is no "or else", we go by the plan. 
Minus my all natural labor and delivery I had planned. 
I didn't have an "all natural" labor and delivery, 
I was induced, being that we live 3 hours away (from Lubbock), 
annnd pitocin contractions are dumb (a contraction on crack if you will), 
horrible, 
and every other word used to describe AWFUL, please do feel free to insert. 

HOWEVER, I had the best nurse ever! 
She too is OCD, so we came up with a new plan, and how things would all play out, 
right there in my delivery room. 
It was awesome, and honestly very comforting. 
I still used my oils.
I had my diffuser going the whole entire time. 
My room filled of Lavender, and Jennifer (my nurse) kept getting other nurses to come into my room to experience the spa like feeling she said she got every time she entered into my room. 
Not kidding.

Dr. Belle Henry came in to break my water around 8:45am or so, 
I got my epidural maybe 30-40 minutes following, my mom applied
Clary Sage, & Jasmine onto the lower part of my belly. 
I rubbed Gentle Baby on my chest. 
I went from a 4-10 in 45 minutes, 
pushed 3 times,
and had Maddie Lou Roberts at 10:56am. 
Frankincense was applied to the crown of her head as soon as she was placed onto my chest, by her Maw-B.
Sweet bb girl laid so calm, and cuddled, skin to skin with me. 
"Awww" is right, and just add toasty warm blankets placed on top of us. It was the cherry on top.
Shortly following she started rooting around for her first nursing session with Momma. 
It was beautiful. 
(Breastfeeding use to weird me out, and that is because I breast fed Bonnie Kayte, just for a short period, and it still creeped me out. Now... it is my most favorite thing to do. It is truly amazing to me.)
Dr. Belle- Henry milked the umbilical cord after it stopped pulsating, then Steven cut it. 

Nothing about this day was like I in-visioned, nor on my itinerary (and I'm ok with that), 
but seriously so perfect, and I would do it all again.

Now here we are (Bonnie Kayte, Steven, and I) 4 weeks later, so completely in love with her.

& because I am becoming teary eyed. & Maddie is crying because she is hungry... and well if you breastfeed or have ever, you know what that does to us.

I leave you with pictures for now...




















until next time...
follow me on Facebook & instagram!

BE BLESSED. 
BE LOVED.

-malorie lucille

*******

The oils I used during Labor & Delivery:

(I diffused this the whole time I was in the hospital. My nurses loved it.)
-mood balancing
-calms nerves
-sleep aid


-one drop on bb's crown for protection
-promotes bonding

- assist contractions
-kicks labor into gear

(I have even used Clary Sage post L&D for cramping! It's wonderful!)


-reduces anxiety
-calms mom
-expels placenta 
-speeds up contractions

(my favorite. still using it. It's momma, and bb maddie's oil.)
-soothes tender skin
-calms mom & bb
- may keep baby in canal


- use with Gentle Baby on lower back to prevent hemorrhaging.
-use after L&D to eliminate any excess bleeding.



- use on umbilical cord to promote healing
(Maddie's fell off 7 days after leaving the hospital)

__________________

Disclaimer: While I do have a wholesale membership with Young Living Essential Oils, I do not make a business of it, and I have not been compensated in any way for mentioning them in this article. 
This is based on my own experiences with the oils. I can get people to sign up on my team- you buy everything from Young Living, but I would love to help you.
 If you use any other brands of oils, I know that Doterra is another popular name around where I live, 
or if you use just any other good-quality oil, and it works for you, that is fantastic. 
The Young Living vs. Doterra debate is perpetual. 
Find what works for you.

If you are interested in signing up!
 Please message me, email me, call me, comment on this blog, etc.

OR

Here are a few simple steps for you to sign up:


2. Sign up as a wholesale member to receive 24% off for life. No need to sell anything ever, but there are some great, life changing, business opportunities if you’re interested.

3. Use my number: 1899911 as the sponsor ID, AND the enroller ID.

4. Fill out your info and select the very first Premium Starter Kit for $150, and you’re set to go!

If you select a different starter kit (the $40 or the $75 one) I want you to be aware that you will only be getting one oil. This does not include the 10 everyday oils, just a few samples.

Please make sure you allow Young Living to send emails so I can contact you and get you connected with other oily family members. Otherwise, I will have no way to reach out to you.

You do not have to select an essential rewards kit unless you want to. I LOVE the Thieves Kit and the NingXia Red kit. It’s a great way to slowly dive into this healthy lifestyle while only spending 50pv a month. The best part- you get free oils!! You can always sign up at a later time as well (you do not have to purchase a kit, you can simply purchase the same products you have been using).

Please email me if you have any questions and I’m so excited to start this journey with you!! We have a great support system so you will never feel alone.


*******

I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO FOLLOW ME ON MY NEW JOURNEY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment