Friday, June 27, 2014

My Pre-K girl.


August 26, 2013

She's got brand new school supplies tucked neatly into her clean backpack. First day of school outfit on... Matching hair bow. 


Thank you for providing every bit of it.


Bon, and I have spent the last couple of weeks talking about how excited she is about her first day of school in Hale Center... And ready or not, it’s time. No turning back.

There were some jitters, wondering about her making new friends, and who she will sit by at lunch. And that’s just me. I know she was a little nervous too. You know I got a little emotional this morning as I stepped into her world, walking the hall(s) she will everyday. I have some worries, a few fears because I don’t like the cultural “norms” in our world – many aren’t normal at all in our family.

I am just really proud of the Godly choices my 4 year old. almost 5, on September 4th (oh ya, and she has also been constantly talking, and reminding me of that upcoming day too.) child has made, but with every new school year from this one on, she will take a step further away from me, and that’s hard for every Momma.

But you urge us not to worry.

So, instead I’m praying this over her today:

I pray you will be near her when I can’t be.

I pray if she doesn't feel your presence, she will seek you and discover you’re right there with her.

I pray you will surround her with peace and comfort in every new situation.

I pray when she is pressured, you will help her stand.

I pray she finds one good friend, a brother or sister in Christ because it’s hard to stand alone.

I pray when that when she fails, she will forgive herself, and try again.

I pray you will give the school nurse an extra supply of patience and bandaids for my Pre-K girl.

I pray my sweet girl will befriend those that are new, lonely or both.

I pray she will not sit next the child who has to throw up in the class trashcan.

I pray she will be a blessing to her teacher and not a curse.

I pray you will bless her with Godly teachers as you have in the past.

I pray she will have fun.

I pray she will let her light shine, quietly or loudly, but in her own way.

I pray homework will be light and not become Home. Work.

I pray that you will help me to trust her choices, let her go even when it’s hard, and pull her close when she needs me to the most.

I pray above all, God, that you would use her challenges, disappointments and victories to draw her closer to you this school year.

I know she is only in Pre-K, but my word did this day come fast, so I can only imagine how fast it will fly by. Lord, help me.

Thank you for every gift. Thank you for my angel bug, and thank you so much for my Daddy, and for him being there with me this morning as we sent our Bonnie girl off to her first day.

Amen.









Mother of a Pre-K princess.
 Waylo of a Pre-K princess.

1 comment:

  1. Assignment Help solutions offered by assignment 4 help .com is among the leading assignment composing help solutions offered online. assignment help usa

    ReplyDelete